Friday, January 18, 2013

Water you drinking?

So, today, as I was drinking probably my 4th or 5th glass of sweet tea, I got to thinking how much I LOVE sweet tea! I'm a Southerner. Sweet tea is one of the only things I drink. I used to drink a lot of soda, but in the past couple of years, I've learned that soda just doesn't suffice when one has sweet tea! On average, my family drinks about a gallon of sweet tea per day. That being said, I have a rather large family; yet, that's still a lot! Think about how much money you would spend if you drank that much milk a day! D: Ok! Back to focus, Brittani!
So, I was sitting there thinking how about how much I love sweet tea when I realized I don't drink nearly as much water as I should. Sweet tea is my water.
I often take water for granted. It's just something that I have. Nice, fresh, clean water. Straight from the faucet. Or bottled... whatever your preference.
Ok, now let's see if you can keep up with my thought process.
1. K-Love is a radio station I listen to, and they are doing a 30 day challenge to listen to nothing but Christian music for 30 days.
2. That reminded me of the challenge Way-FM, another radio station, did to drink nothing but water for 30 days.
3. I decided that I'm gonna try really hard to almost drink nothing but water for 30 days..... almost?
well because I love sweet tea, I'm allowing myself one glass of sweet tea per week, on each Saturday.
There are so many in this world who would kill to have the water that I can so readily drink here. Yet, I treat it like it's useless because I have soooooo many other options. I really want to take this time and just remember how fortunate I am and how much God has blessed me even through drinking just a clean, fresh, cold cup of water.
So, whoever is reading this, hold me accountable! I've tried and failed before. Don't want that to happen again! :)

Brittani :)

1 comment: